Supportive volunteering (morning)
Let op: aanmelding verloopt via de coördinatoren. Coördinatoren kunnen hier inloggen.
In this basic training you will work on the most important skills for good contact: distance and proximity, guarding boundaries and communication.
You will learn about and develop your basic skills for your volunteering activities with one of our partner organisations.
Objectives and content
Experienced trainers discuss various subjects, such as:
- your motivation, position and role as a volunteer
- the differences between a buddy and a friend or a counselor and a volunteer
- how to be near but not too near
- know where your limits are
- how to strengthen your communication skills
- effective managing of difficult behaviour
- coping with loss.
This training is intended for new buddies or volunteers who (wish to) work for one of our partner organisations. Please note: enrollment for this course takes place via your coordinator of the volunteering organisation..
10 hours (9 hours training and 1 hour homework).
Will be handed out during the training session.
Number of participants
The course can accommodate up to 12 participants (with a minimum of 6).
Certificate of attendance